The Equalizer

Putting the Consumer First in the Internet Age. Join Us!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Invoices from Nominet UK

Nominet UK is the Registry for all domain names ending in .uk. As a webmaster I register my domains with 123-Reg. It is my registration agent of choice. If, for whatever reason, a project of mine does not come up to expectations (i.e. fails) I will no longer need that particular domain name, so I allow it to run out.

But Nominet saves the day! It sends me an invoice telling me that I can restore my domain at a cost of £80 plus VAT. How splendid of them! But I wonder what they are thinking of. For about a tenth of that I can resume registration with 123-Reg.

I know! Nominet thinks that I want to stop registering my unwanted domain with 123-Reg, and instead pay ten times more to register with Nominet! What flawless logic they have!

They always send me an email asking me if I want to become enhanced of their service and I always send a polite note back.


Did you find this useful? If so, why not share it with others?

BlinkList
Blogmarks
CiteUlike
del.icio.us
de.lirio.us
Digg it
Furl
ma.gnolia
RawSugar
Scuttle
Shadows
Simpy
Spurl
Yahoo MyWeb

RSS Buttons from Marketing Blog

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home