The Equalizer

Putting the Consumer First in the Internet Age. Join Us!

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Bad ISPs (continued)

I cannot believe that [name of my ISP] has responded with the following email:

"I was not aware of any issues with the bandwidth alerts, and have taken the opportunity to check the issue raised by yourself with our product development team who advised that the system is working correctly, and did not find any evidence to the contrary.

"Here at [NAME OF ISP] we always try to support our conclusions with the information we have available and I can assure you have that I have been very thorough in trhis [sic] investigation, which believes us to deem the way forwards acceptable and reasonable [sic]."

In other words they have not acknowledged what I have been telling them for the last four months.

For those of you who have emailed me to say that you want me to publish who this ISP is, I know it might be uncomfortable being on tenterhooks like this, but I refer you to the original mission statement set out in the first post of this blog. So in order for the ISP to sort out this problem they must first recognise that it exists. In the same way as the addict must recognise the problem before recovery may take place. Yes, I agree that four months is a long time, but here there may be plenty of scope for departments not communicating with each other. Of course the techy people will say there's nothing wrong if the system is working perfectly according to their brief. Because, by definition, that would have been their brief in the first place.

This underpins the whole point: is this Alert Unset feature a fault, or is it part of the system? If it is a fault, then it should be put right. If it is not a fault then it is part of the system spec and so the techies will not report it back as a fault. From this we can infer that it is merely company policy that this thing (which seems like a fault) is in place to rip customers off.

I have emailed the ISP back with an attachment, which is an illustrated PDF guide to what happens specifically. I have sent this twice before and it seems that it has not been read.

In the meantime the ISP has charged me yet another £240 for excess bandwidth usage!


Did you find this useful? If so, why not share it with others?

BlinkList
Blogmarks
CiteUlike
del.icio.us
de.lirio.us
Digg it
Furl
ma.gnolia
RawSugar
Scuttle
Shadows
Simpy
Spurl
Yahoo MyWeb

RSS Buttons from Marketing Blog

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home