The Equalizer

Putting the Consumer First in the Internet Age. Join Us!

Friday, May 30, 2008

E-On Uses Dirty Tricks To Gain Sales

I've suspected it for a while, but I now have proof that E-on uses dirty tricks to gain sales.

A man came round last week to "read my meter". He hammered on the door several times, three nights out of seven. On the first night he left a calling card saying he had come to read the meter, which was strange since my supplier is NPower.

Out of curiousity I let him in on his fourth attempt. The E-on dirty tricks became evident after he "read" the meter and the next evening another person knocked at the door, also claiming to be a meter reader.

Partially going along with this, I said that the E-on meter reader had read my meter the previous evening. He said he didn't know how this could be, and launched into a patter about the benefits of switching my supplier. And "who is your supplier for gas?"

I told him that I knew that he was a salesman, and he broke into a wry smile and bade me good evening, the game up. That E-on uses dirty tricks can surely not be in doubt after this little episode, and I urge everyone to be on the lookout.


Did you find this useful? If so, why not share it with others?

BlinkList
Blogmarks
CiteUlike
del.icio.us
de.lirio.us
Digg it
Furl
ma.gnolia
RawSugar
Scuttle
Shadows
Simpy
Spurl
Yahoo MyWeb

RSS Buttons from Marketing Blog

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home