The Equalizer

Putting the Consumer First in the Internet Age. Join Us!

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Dell Reneges on Service Agreements

Dell reneges on service agreements, as I have found out today.

I bought a Dell Dimension 3000 in 2005 with Microsoft Windows 2003 installed. Except it wasn't installed.

After numerous calls to the Dell helpline, and having to go through their interminable menus and giving my name and "service tag" over and over, I still have not been able to install Office 2003 three years later. Dell now wants to charge me nearly £40 to help me install the software, even though I have already paid for the software which was meant to be installed in the first place. It seems that Dell reneges on service agreement when it suits them.

The problem has always been that an error has resulted because of the presence of one or more files. I have tried to install Office 2003 several times myself, only to be confronted by the same error messages every time. Every time I contact Dell they say I must pay to have the software installed, even though it should have come installed with the computer when I bought it three years ago. Dell Reneges on Service Agreements.


Did you find this useful? If so, why not share it with others?

BlinkList
Blogmarks
CiteUlike
del.icio.us
de.lirio.us
Digg it
Furl
ma.gnolia
RawSugar
Scuttle
Shadows
Simpy
Spurl
Yahoo MyWeb

RSS Buttons from Marketing Blog

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home